- About Us
|Running||Wednesday 6.30 PM||Different groups are formed for walking, jogging and running.|
|Running||Saturday 6.30 AM||Different groups are formed for walking, jogging and running.|
We have about 30 people in our group participating in our weekly activities. Some are casual runners and some have practiced for various marathons in and around Greater Houston area.
HTW Mystic Milers celebrated their first anniversary in May 2020 and commemorating the occasion organized a Virtual 1K (for kids) 5K, 10K and Half Marathon run. Participants were asked to register for the run and surprisingly the turn-out was impressive.
Across all distances, we had about 95 runners who registered and 80 completed the run. All participants who shared the proof of completion were presented with medals in a socially distanced event organized at HTW Temple.
Participation in Marathons
- In October 2019, we had about 13 HTW Mystic Milers participate in the Houston Half Run, of which 5 were running for the first time.
- In March 2020, we had about 12 HTW Mystic Milers participate in The Woodlands Marathon and 5 of them completed the full marathon (26.2 Miles) for the first time in their life. It was a dream come true for many of them.
- In June 2020, a large number of HTW Mystic Milers participated in the Virtual Half Marathon conducted by Blue Bell Ice Cream.
HTW Mystic Milers also organized a couple of hiking trips to nearby state parks (Huntsville and Lake Houston Wilderness Park) where a group of about 35-40 people hiked about 6-7 miles of trails in the parks. It was a fun filled event with families and kids who were very excited about hiking the wooded trails in the parks.
Hells Hill Trail Race
On Saturday, April 3, 2021 HTW Mystic Milers participated in Hells Hill Trail Race in Smithville, Texas. For many it was their first trail race. Out of 10 participants, 3 did 25K & 7 did 10K. The Tejas Trails Races team did a fabulous job as always, and kept safety a top priority throughout.
Second Anniversary in Colorado Bend State Park
On Sunday, May 30,2021 HTW Mystic Milers celebrated their second Anniversary by going on a group hike to Colorado Bend State Park, TX. The hike was 8 miles long with a scenic view of Gorman Falls and finished off with an Indian picnic.
The HTW Mystic Milers Run/Walk group is a non-profit running club located in The Woodlands Texas, for runners and walkers of all abilities. If you are
looking for walks, fun runs, trail running, long distance running, 5Ks, marathon training, occasional hikes (around Houston) and running tips, you have found the right place.
HTW Mystic Milers promotes the community in many ways,
- Open social runs, races, and social events;
- Engaging in step challenge activity for walkers;
- Encouraging younger runners.
Our members are runners with abilities ranging from beginner to elite.
- Some of our runners chose to run at a later stage in life (mid-40’s and mid-50’s).
- Some of our runners do only road or trail running.
- Some of our runners could never have imagined themselves running a marathon, but yet they have!
- Some of our runners prefer shorter events, like 5K and 10K races.
- Some of our runners are now marathoners and “ultra-marathoners.”
What is common, of course, is the desire or passion to make running and walking an important part of their life and also to encourage their teammates in pursuing their endeavors.Mam Niyatim Niyachmani ( I control my destiny )
With this motto at the core, HTW Mystic Milers spring forward, exploring new horizons in the future.
In our participants own words….
- Running a Marathon was a dream come true for me! With constant guidance, support and motivation from this group my
dream did come true!!! – Raji
- Great team spirit and awesome leadership in this group! Many more miles with smiles! – Rajee
- I have done my first ever Half Marathon with all your inspiration – Phani
- Accomplished 949K steps in Stride-kick June Step Challenge created by the group – Raja
- Did my first 30K followed by 2 full Marathons, a feat that I would not have even dreamt of doing before joining this group! – Srinivas