In light of the recent surge in COVID-19 cases within the Greater Houston area, we are taking abundant caution with the safety of devotees, community, priests, and volunteers of HTW. Below are some of the temporary measures we are putting in place until further notice:
1. Temple will be open to the public only during evening times (this includes weekends). Timings for visiting the temple are 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM every day. Temple will not be open for the public to visit during day time.
2. Temple will be open for Touchless Darshan only. All personal Archana’s have been put on hold – No personal Archana will be performed during this period
3. Devotees MUST wear masks, follow and must remain within the designated path, and maintain 6 feet distance. No congregation and sitting in the temple is allowed.
4. Devotees MUST NOT bring any fruits, prepared food, or flowers for the offering. Fruits and Flowers will not be accepted priests. Please do not leave any fruits or flowers in the temple as it may pose risk to other devotees.
5. All major events such as Goda Kalyanam will be performed and live-streamed.
We wish for the health and safety of all our devotees and volunteers. We are balancing the public health crisis and religious needs of our devotees. We request your support during this crisis and request your co-operation with COVID-19 protocols at HTW.
Please contact (832) 585-0001 for further information. We will send further updates through our newsletter, WhatsApp, and other temple communication tools. Thank you and be safe!
The Hindu Temple of the Woodlands
Established in 2005 with land purchased in the same year, Hindu Temple of The Woodlands is home to Ganesha, Shiva, Balaji, MahaLakshmi and Radha Krishna. It is located at South Forestgate and Woodlands Parkway. Because of its location in The Woodlands in a wooded area adjacent to Forestgate Park, one of The Woodland’s one hundred parks, it is one of the most beautiful temple sites in the area.
Future developments for the temple are yagna facilities, classroom and library space, a large lobby and a kitchen. HTW has an active educational program and has celebrated a number of festivals. Community service is also a part of the temple’s mission.
Year in Review 2020
QUOTE OF THE DAY
- Katha Upanishad 1.2.16
- Bhagawad Gita 9.29
- Chandogya Upanishad 7.23
- Shankara, Vedanta Sutra 1.2.1
- Bhagawad Gita 4.11
- Munduka Upanishad 3.5
- Bhagawad Gita 2.47