Important information for the HTW Community members
regarding temple operations
Further to previous communication, members of the Executive Committee met a short while ago and decided on the following:
1. Temple will be closed to all devotees until the April 12th, 2020.
2. Priests will continue to perform required poojas daily to maintain the sanctity of the Temple
3. Sri Rama Navami will be celebrated on April 2nd 2020. Both Sri Rama Kalyanam and Kanyadaanam will be performed. There are no plans currently to live stream the event.
4. We will welcome sponsorships for Sri Raman Navami, however no devotees will be able to attend in person. Please stay home and help reduce the spread of the virus.
5. During this period of Mar 19th to Apr 12th 2020 we will be strictly enforcing the local authorities guidelines, which currently states that we can only have less than 10 people gather at the Temple
The Executive Committee will continue to monitor the developments and will adjust the operating parameters as required. Should you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com or call 281-309-8751.
The Hindu Temple of the Woodlands
Established in 2005 with land purchased in the same year, Hindu Temple of The Woodlands is home to Ganesha, Shiva, Balaji, MahaLakshmi and Radha Krishna. It is located at South Forestgate and Woodlands Parkway. Because of its location in The Woodlands in a wooded area adjacent to Forestgate Park, one of The Woodland’s one hundred parks, it is one of the most beautiful temple sites in the area.
Future developments for the temple are yagna facilities, classroom and library space, a large lobby and a kitchen. HTW has an active educational program and has celebrated a number of festivals. Community service is also a part of the temple’s mission.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
- Katha Upanishad 1.2.16
- Bhagawad Gita 9.29
- Chandogya Upanishad 7.23
- Shankara, Vedanta Sutra 1.2.1
- Bhagawad Gita 4.11
- Munduka Upanishad 3.5
- Bhagawad Gita 2.47